P. Fritz

"Netsock" wrote in message
To celebrate the wife's Master degree (graduation was Aug 28th) we decided
to take a small trip to Lake Erie. Took the 25' Malibu up, and rented a

slip
within walking distance to our water front hotel, in Port Clinton on
Sandusky bay. Drive time was only 2 hours, 10 minutes.

Went to Cedar Point (large amusement park.16 coasters) on the first day. I
always love using their marina, as you basically "pass" all the auto
traffic/parking on the causeway, and their docks are like 50' from the
entrance. The park was a blast. The lines were short, and the weather
perfect.

Through out the week, we cruised all the hot spots and sights on

Marblehead
and Catawba Islands, but we had to stay in on Tuesday, as the lake report
was 4-7' waves on the lake, which translated to 2-5' in the bay. A little
much for my Malibu, but no big deal, as we made our rounds to the many

(hic)
winery's and other "land locked" sites. We (or should I say "her") even

got
in a lot of shopping.

We were planning to stay pretty much in the bay, but Thursday's lake
condition report called for calm waters with low wind and 1-2' waves, so

we
cruised out to the Bass Islands. What a blast Put-In-Bay was on South

Bass.
Plus, I always like to get out in some real open water, even tho the bay

is
100 square miles.

How busy was PIB? I was down there for the 7/4 weekend and could not
beleive how slow it was......a bit of carry over fro the water problem the
previsous year.......I had hoped to get down there for the long weekend, but
with gas prices and out of town guest, could not do it.

On Friday, we took in some fishing, and snagged some 5 lb+ walleyes, and
some smaller perch. Dinner was great that night. We also got in some good
skiing, inside a few calm harbors.

The only thing we could complain about, were the gas prices. Marinas were
hitting $3.899 per gallon of premium. That's ok tho.the boat ran good, and
we had absolutely no problems whatsoever.

We just got back last night, and where talking last night at how much fun

we
had. We were going to go back to Cancun, but basically changed our minds

at
the last week, to stay a little local. I'm so glad we did.the trip turned
out perfect, and we both agreed we had just as much fun, as we would have

in
Mexico.

Just thought I would share, and ask if there are any other boaters here in
the Sandusky area?

Later.

--
-Netsock

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."
http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/