1summertime 1summertime is offline
Junior Member

Default Trim and Tilt problems

Hello I am new to this forum. I have a ? about my trim and tilt. I am not sure if this has been talked about but any suggestions would be helpful.

I have a 88 Johnson 110. The trim will go down but here is the catch when I push the button up the motor goes down also (although slower than when I push the button down). The boat had been sitting for two years it worked up and down the last time I checked it was about 18 months ago. I changed the switch on my control lever because the old switch was glitchy (sometimes non-responsive) I have changed my gauges I have heard that maybe I have a wire wrong but I have checked and checked my old gauges (I left the old connectors and a piece of wire on the gauges to go by)