John

Default Grady White Quality

(L. Sikorski) wrote in message . com...
After looking at several new Grady-White boats, I noticed they do not
have welded bow rails. Instead, they have allen screws. I thought
all top-quality boats only used welded bow rails?

I also saw plastic thru-hulls on several new Pursuit boats.

It's not uncommon to find non-welded rails on smaller boats, even
expensive ones.

For above the water thru-hulls, plastic will work fine.

But your correct in your observation, a top dollar boat should be
built with top quality components. Welded bow rails and non-plastic
thru-hulls should be standard equipment on such a boat. It just makes
you think about what else they may have skimped on.