Default Rub rails

I need to replace the rub rails in a 15' Lyman. I've shaped the bevel
on the rear sections which have no curvature and cut a scarf on the
end. I now need a 12' section of curved rail to mate to this scarf. I
really would like to shape them first but am at a loss on how to do
this with a straight oak rail. When shaping (with no4 stanley) the
bevel with the rear sections, I've tried various techniques with a
bevel gauge, but never found a great technique of matching the bevel
hull to rail. Anyone care to share their secret? I suspect there is a
simple way to do this. Lasty, I have read the SB FAQ and feel that I
can assemble a steam setup, but I don't know if I should shape the
bevel first and then steam or vice versa. Am I overlooking something?

Many thanks in advance!!!
SS