Butch Davis

Harry,

In our lifetimes Harry NO will not be on her feet. That is, unless the US
taxpayers are willing to cough up the $$$ required for the most massive,
costly public works project in the history of this or any other country.
You think the Panama Canal was a big job? It all sounds good and kinda
touchey feeley now but I suspect when the cost becomes known the notion of
rebuilding NO will die.

The quarter, which was virtually untouched by the catastrophe, will no doubt
be back on it's feet soon. The high rise hotels may well be up and running
soon, too. But the real city is gone forever. I'll certainly miss it as I
have spent a lot of wonderful time there as it is only a few hours from
mobile.

We'll see won't we?

Butch
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Butch Davis wrote:
Was talking to my next door neighbor, a NO native, this AM on the
subject. He recommends, and I agree, that it would do a great job to
allow the river to flow through the damaged area and load it up with
silt. while demolishing the weak structures and covering the low ones.
It would also scour the area of all the nasty flood water currently
polluting the area. Just let her rip for a couple of years and the job
is done.

How nice of you. I visit NO every chance I get, and I hope to do so again,
when she is on her feet.