frosty

Try Tools Newsgroups or CTRL+W; this should give you a list of
all the newsgroups available on your news server. Probably in the
tens of thousands. Typing into the textbox will give you a smaller
list that matches what you typed. Use lower case, e.g. "rec.boats"

--
frosty

chipster wrote:
apologies ...

As you can tell, I need even more help than I knew ... Sent this to
the wrong group,but will WELCOME answers here ...
I have joined this group deliberately; I have two small sailboats and
am looking forward to a project building a proa or other small craft.
BUT I still need some help figuring out newsgroups - and sorry for
sending the "aquarium-gang" message to this group. Wow! Practically
my first mistake ever ...
ha

"chipster" wrote in message
ink.net...

Hi -

I'm new to newsgroups and can't figure out how to find other groups.
I was led to this one by a hotlink, I guess.

I keep seeing references to other newsgroups such as: