Larry

"Skip Gundlach" wrote in
news
Skip

Skip, does the bridge show up as one of the connections or is it just a
transparent repeater in bridge/repeater mode IF you disconnect the cable
and look at the connections from your wireless modem in the notebook?

I'd think the bridge, itself, would show up as a station if you had a
wireless notebook in range of it. Then, once connected to the bridge's
repeater, you'd have some kind of access to the stations the bridge
repeater is hearing THROUGH it, like a webpage it creates, etc....

When you are directly connected to it, is there an html webpage to control
the bridge from the Ethernet port? It should have some kind of control,
either webpage-based (html) or FTP-based so you can turn its repeater
function on and off in the wireless mode.

I'd call the company and talk to them. I think it's just turned off of
being a wireless repeater, which is what you're trying to do. You should
be able to connect to its wireless LAN port, just like you do on Ethernet,
where it gives you a LAN IP address via DHCP server, then it should have a
menu you'd select the external wireless WAN from to connect your bridge's
port to the distant WiFi POP.

--
Larry