meldeming meldeming is offline
Junior Member

Default mercuiser engine problems

I have an old 4 cylinder I/O mercruiser engine and Im not getting it to fire up at all. When I turn the ignition key the whole engine will kind of jolt, the steering would pull really hard to the right,and then I get nothing. Any ideas? It was running great before I decided to do some cosmetic updating on the boat....I also recently repaired a hydraulic leak in my trim motor and replaced the batteries but the engine was working great after that. Im wondering if by tying up some of the loose wiring while I was painting, I might have pulled something loose? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.