noexpert

Hello,
next time you are in town and park your car in some spot with a parking
meter note the maker and origin of that meter.
Good chance it says JJ.MacKayParking Meters. (New Glasgow, Nova Scotia,
CANADA)
Most of these devices have same pretty fancy electronic boards inside.
This company is not a big entity but when it comes to ensuring performance
of their stuff, they do what many other electronic board/ equipments
manufacturers should, but most don't .
CONFORMAL COATING of sensible CB's; makes all the difference. That's what
they do.
I know, cause I designed and built it. And it works.
Saltspray no problem, high condensing moisture no problem, polluted air no
problem, rapid temperature swings no problem. They hate recalls and this
treatment is worth it.
From what I know, I bet that most devices found on board are not treated
that way and have potential failure rate at a time when you really need
them.
Guarantee is one thing but solid manufacturing to preclude any trouble
is better.
Too much crap working fine in show room conditionen but not fit for the
real tough places.
Next time you buy ask how CB's are protected! (Potted, coated, dipped etc)
Outer plastic covers are only temporary sufficient.

So watch out friends. mikl