MRusson

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 00:44:08 GMT, Dave Allyn
wrote:

Checked out both boats. Thanks for the pointers. The boat I ended up
using is going to be about 8' long, Max Beam is about 32" It looks
like the front half of a canoe, but with a v-hull. The floor will be
doubled, and will be flat, to assist in the stability. I will be
useing the 2' triangles on bothe sides for stability, and will create
a kind of corregation between the layers of the floor for even more
support, especially where I will be kneeling. The Transom will be
doubled, with a 1 inch spacer in the middle to make it bow out a bit.
this should make it more stable as well. I'll make some fillet type
structures out of the left over card board for where the sides meet
the bottom.

With the dimentiones I am putting into this boat, I should have almost
a complete sheet left over to make the stabalizer parts (triangles,
second floor, etc...)

I'll run some tests here ina bit to see how water proof Duct tape is.
It doesn't have to last long, but I don't want to not finnish either!

Thanks again!

dave

I sure hope we get some pictures of this this so we can all see how
well you did...) . Hand someone a camera before you set sail.....

M Russon