Keenan & Julie

in article , Bob the Cow at
wrote on 9/2/05 6:19 PM:

"chip" wrote in message
ink.net...

What a great story & pictures - makes me want to RUN to the nearest river
(Kissimmee, I'm afraid) and head out. Real hot here, though ...
Chip in Central Florida

Hey -- a river's a river. There's something special about "around the next
bend". "My" river is right in the middle of town. One of my landmarks
coming "home" is Interstate 94 running across the river. But once out in
the piney stretches with undercut rock banks, it's easy to imagine you're a
lot farther than 4 miles away from the whining semi-trucks.

Definitely. The most amazing thing about our own little trip was that we
left the second morning from a provincial park full of huge RVs, SUVs, and
tourists, paddled 3 km and walked 600m, and then it was like we were the
only people on earth many places on the rest of the trip.

Keenan
gokayaking.ca