Don White

Larry wrote:
snip
No "agencies"....no "bureaucrats"....Thank you Bi-Lo Corporation. I've
never forgotten it, either. Precisely my point of the donations.
Charleston was SWIMMING in MONEY after Hugo, once we dug our way out of the
trees. Insurance money just POURED into this place. We missed 2
recessions everyone else suffered. We all got new roofs/houses/cars/stuff.

I never figured out what FEMA, SC Emergency Preparedness and the local
bureaucrats did. They didn't do anything for anyone I knew....

Somewhat similar experience up here two years ago when Hurricane Juan
hit. Six days & nights without electricity...cold showers etc.
All refrigerated food gone bad by day 3..... no help from anyone.
I replaced windows myself because I thought my insurance deductable
would equal the cost. Did go through auto insurance to replace van side
window smashed by tree limb. I should have had them repair roof. A
number of my shingles still look wrinkled & stained from branches.