William R. Watt

MRusson ) writes:
Dear Group,
In an earlier post i mentioned my project being a pontoon boat. I
have run into conflicting information about the shape of the pontoon
versus bouyancy of the pontoon. Can someone enlighten me on this
subject? Large flat bottomed pontoons versus round pontoons? Thanks
folks...

And the conflicting information is?

You use less material in a round shape because a circle encompases the
most area with the shortest perimeter. You get more strength from a circle
because an arc distributes stress.

Hope that helps.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm