John H

Default boat thieves back in busiess insurance results

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:54:27 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Dan Krueger wrote:

How's this?

Mr. Lewis,
I just read that you pledged $1.5MM to moveon.org. I realize that everyone is
entitled to lend their support to any cause they choose, but are you sure it is
in the best interest of your company, customers, and stockholders to align
yourself with an organization whose platform is simply "anyone but President
Bush"? How would you feel about the money you spent if, God forbid, Al Sharpton
would win? Someone in your position should certainly have the intellect to back
a particular candidate for their particular platform rather than throwing a
million and a half dollars at a left-wing "organization" that will do the
thinking for you.

I look forward to your response.

Regards,
Dan Krueger

NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

NOYB wrote:

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
.earthlink.net...

Do you have a link to his affiliation with those extremists? I'd like

email

it back to them...

I'll find the link, but here's the text:

"Billionaires Join Soros to Defeat Bush
George Soros says he would pony up his $7 billion fortune if it could

defeat

George Bush this November.

Soros has already donated tens of millions to groups like MoveOn.org and
left-wing "527s" to defeat Bush.

But Soros is not the only billionaire who has a passionate hatred for

George

Bush.

MoveOn recently reported that Peter B. Lewis, chairman of Progressive

Corp.,

has already given $1.5 million to the group.

Lewis is so anxious to help MoveOn he now promises to match the amount
contributed to MoveOn by any contributor, 50 cents for each dollar

donated

up to $20,000. "

Ahhh. Good for Lewis. And at least it is personal, not business.

Lewis represents a corporation on the NYSE and he's held accountable to the
stockholders. His choice to openly oppose Bush will have a negative impact
on his company...both in the near-term, and, especially if Bush is
reelected.

Silly hypothetical. Of all the guys running, Sharpton had the slimmest
chance, no chance at all, actually, and, in fact, from the beginning
stated his goal was to have a voice at the convention.

Of the guys other than Sharpton, the possibles were Gephardt, Dean,
Edwards, Lieberman, Clark, Kerry.

*Any* of those would be better than Bush. Any of them.

-
Email sent to is never read.

Damn, Harry, do you mean my vote for Al Sharpton, today, doesn't meet
with your approval?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!