Mark Browne

Default OT The Conservative Brain

snip

I'm afraid it is going to take a significantly larger number of body
bags to force the Bush Administration to come to some sort of sense.
Today's news reports were full of features about ultra-conservative
mullahs from Iran returning to Iraq to take up where they left before
Saddam, to establish a theocracy in Iraq. Now *that* should be

interesting.

You really have to wonder how stupid Bush really is to go down the path
he is following. He is creating a world in which those who oppose us are
solidifying in ways never imagined in the "good" old days of the

Kremlin.

We're going to take a big hit from the terrorists, and when we do, it
will be because of Bush. That has to be made crystal clear to Americans.

Here is a news flash for you....we already did. Shall we place the blame

for 9-11 then
on the hands of BJ Clinton?

While slick Willie has done his fair share of bad things, this is not one of
them.

Look for the president that was doing black bag ops to provide weapons to
"friendly" fighters in the middle east. This is a big part of the blame.
Every oil friendly politician who supported the House of Saud with weapons
and military support without asking questions has a fair share of the blame.
Support of Israel with no questions asked, and no conditions imposed, in
return for our monetary and military support certainly did not help
anything.

These bad policies for most of two generations have brought the USA to the
place it is now in the Arab street. There is no silver bullet that will fix
the mess. It would seem that it may take as long to fix the mess as it did
to make it in the first place.

Mark Browne