Dave Allyn

Default building a boat from cardboard

I got myself singed up for a cardboard boat race this saturday. We
are given two sheets of 5x8 card board, duct tape and plastic
sheeting. I was thinking of building a canoe style, but was worried
about the boat folding in half. I know plywood has alot more
stability than card board, and was wondering if anyone has had
expirence in this area, or could point me to a web site that might
offer help. I don't know how big the plastic sheeting is, which is a
problem. I don't know how long the boat could be. I was thinking
along the lines of a D4, or a 12' canoe, but made a bit wider for
stability.

Playing around in the hulls program (great program!) shows me that for
one person, displacement isn't as much of a concern. My main concern
is of the plywood folding around me when I sit in it.

Any hints?

The race is Saturday.

email: dallyn_spam at yahoo dot com
please respond in this NG so others