Larry

(Bob) wrote in
:

communications is one area where bigger is better, in this case.

Next thing you know, we'll be running 3 1/2" rigid hardline sections up the
mast behind the jib.....trying to get those numbers down.....

Bull****. RG-58A/U works just fine from the top of a 55' mainmast to the
Icom M602 at the nav station.

From Charleston, I can hear JAX USCG broadcasts and talk to Savannah....(c;

Rigid hardline won't go any further than the radio horizon....

For you hams.....

A young ham was trying to figure out how to get his 75 meter dipole to hold
up RG-8 over the back yard. It kept breaking the antenna wire when the
wind blew. So, I put up a 75 meter dipole and used RG-174A/U to feed its
center about 60' long. Way too funny to see the look on his face when he
saw the coax plugged into my station antenna switch. Of course, at 4 Mhz,
about any coax is just fine. This tiny coax survived our tests up to about
200 watts when it melted....(c;

--
Larry