Paul Schilter

ahoy,
My wife is in the apartment management business. While talking to other
apartment management staff at another complex in the area, the husband
of the husband / wife team told her that he had found what appeared to
be crack cocaine in a baggies on the complex grounds. He called the
local police and the responding officer almost arrested him for
possession of the drugs. He said next time he'd just ignore the baggies.
He just didn't want some innocent kid getting a hold of it.
Paul

ahoy wrote:
On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 00:58:25 -0500, wrote:

I went to my boat today to tie up for any surge from Katrina and found
for the second time that kids have been aboard smoking pot.

I would report this to the police and keep a copy of the report on your
boat.

If you are ever stopped for a search by the USCG and they bring a dog
aboard and find pot remnants, YOU will be the one in trouble and in
danger of losing your boat - UNLESS you have reported the illegal entry
to the police and kept your copy to show the coasties.

old jewish proverb;
"never let your name become known to the authorities"
I'd be leery of reporting anything. If they bring their dog with them
to investigate and find any pot residue they'll probably just bust you
instead. It's about boosting the number of provable convictions;
nothing to do with right or wrong.
The cops can't do **** about finding your trespassers and they don't
really care anyway so they'll probably end up investigating you
instead. Sorry you're having trouble.