John Gaquin

Default OT Bush... repeat post

"NOYB" wrote in message news:1z8Wb.20660

I'm ok with that as long as it's equitable and across the board. That's

why
we should have a flat tax.

I disagree here, Doc. I prefer to see a national consumption tax of about
10%, coupled with total repeal of any income tax. The national consumption
tax would be implemented with similar exemptions and exclusions as are found
in most sales tax structures today. A very simple form could be submitted
annually documenting income status below a certain threshold for rebate
purposes to the very poor. Benefits would be several: minimal
bureaucracy - the electronic mechanism to account and collect such a tax is
already in place in many states, and is easily copied elsewhere;
substantially increased tax base - ALL monies would naturally fall under the
umbrella of such a tax: criminal income, legitimate income, welfare
payments, inheritance income, etc.; it would almost totally eliminate the
opportunity for Congress to screw up peoples' lives with inept attempts at
social engineering, and it would virtually eliminate the IRS - probably the
most unchecked and abusive bureaucracy this government has ever produced.