Charlie Brown

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:48:55 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

What differentiates a bay boat from a center console?

In layman's terms, the bay boats have less depth above the waterline,
less freeboard is the boater term. This makes them a bit less suitable
for more open waters, but more suitable for skinny waters. I believe
they are also a little flatter on the bottom, so they draw less water.

The interior layouts are also very different. Look at the website more
closely and you will sss the differences.

Where do you plan to fish?

Lake Murray South Carolina. I know next to nothing about fishing, but
think it's something I'd enjoy if I had a boat. My objectives for a
boat in order of importance a

1) Joy riding/swimming
2) Tubing/some skiing
3) Fishing

If I really get into fishing, obviously my priorities might change. I
was planning on getting a bowrider, but was advised that they are
somewhat limited: not much room to maneuver around inside the boat and
not good for fishing. That's why I was thinking a center console
would be best as they sound versatile. Would you agree?