Larry

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in news:1pMOe.30$dm.3@lakeread03:

Lean engines run hotter which heats up
the injectors more which heats up the fuel more.

Er, ah, we're talking about DIESEL engines, here, not gas.

Diesel engines run "lean" because the intake air isn't restricted in any
way on most of them. Some even have blowers to compress the intake air!
"Lean" means nothing in a diesel. Whatever is there, explodes (at the
appropriate time if we inject it appropriately). The bigger the explosion,
the more power it makes. They don't "run lean" like a gas engine "runs
lean", burning valves, holing pistons, etc. If you take the air cleaner
off, you're looking right into the intake valves on my 4-strokers.

Those that don't "run lean" are the ones pouring black smoke all over your
nice Lexus' white paint....(c;

--
Larry