Heikki

Terry Spragg wrote:

Heikki wrote:
I have a crazy design project, for which I would like to hear critical
comments from this newsgroup.
http://schooner.lsd.dk

It is not obvious to me, an unfamiliar wiki novice, how to go about
inputting stuff on the wiki, ease of which I thought was the real
idea behind it all.

There should be an 'Edit' link on every page. It ought to complain if you
have not registered as a user, and that complaint should link to a page
where you can create your account. I had to require registration to keep
out the worst spammers. Mail me directly if you have problems with this.

As far as a steam engine is concerned, It would become the most
interesting part of the project for some. You might want to troll
for a hobby engineer.

Yes, probably there are steam enthusiasts who would see that as the main
part of the project. For me the steam engine was just a side thought, too
weird to give serious consideration. We have decided on using a regular
outboard engine, in a well from inside the rear cabin (with suitable
ventilation and securely walled off from the cabin). Most of all, outboard
engines are easily available, affordable, and easily installed. We have
enough complications in the project already, so it makes sense to keep
things simple.

Thanks for your feedback!

Heikki