Peggie Hall

pete wrote:
Too late, already got the jabsco, went for it because the Blake (had
on in my old boat) was so far out of my buget it must be made of
platinum. Maybe they are cheaper in the US.

You could take it back...'cuz you're gonna find that going from a Blake
to a Jabsco is like going from a Mercedes to a Yugo! There ARE choices
in between that are affordable. The Lavac is made by Blake, but doesn't
cost nearly what the "baby Blake" does..about $350 USD. The Raritan PH
II is an excellent toilet, rated the best under $500 for several
decades...it's about $250 USD.

Give it some thought, anyway...

Back to your thru-hulls for a minute...where will your head sink drain?
Will it be on the same side of the keel as the toilet? If so, have you
thought of using the same thru-hull for both the sink and the toilet
intake? They're the same size...many builders tee the head intake into
the head sink drain to eliminate a thru-hull. And, it has the added
advantage of providing a source of clean fresh water to rinse the sea
water out of the system so it can't stagnate and stink while the boat sits.

Thats a very good idea that I will certainly use. Hate the thought of
boring holes in my nice new hull. Thanks

You'll either a need a good plug for the sink or a shutoff valve in the
sink drain line ahead of the tee...'cuz unless you close off the sink,
the toilet will pull air from it, preventing the pump from priming.

As for your toilet discharge thru-hull...leave a space within 6' of the
toilet for your eventual inevitable tank. That will allow you to tee the
discharge line from it into your existing head discharge thru-hull. I'll
be glad to help you spec it out when the time comes. And btw...Tek-Tank
is the best UK source for tanks.

Btw, if you aren't there already, you might want to drop by the YBW.com
forums. They're a pretty good bunch over there.

Give another shout if I can help further...

--
Peggie