Sam

I was under the impression, suggested by 2 experiences, that the jib
alone was sort of a mistake as it moved the center of effort (of the
sails) in front of the centerboard and counteracted the rudder giving
the opposite of weather helm, which is the tendency of the boat to turn
into the wind when the rudder is let loose. As to the original post of
adding lead to make the boat less tippy, if you made the whole
centerboard out of lead, that might help, but I think what would serve
you better is to pay more attention to the ripples indicating gusts of
wind and to be alert and move quickly as small sailboats are tender.
You adjusting to it will probably be more worthwhile than adjusting it
to you. One thing you might possibly do though is install a foot strap
to give you more control while hiking in and out. Sam