Peggie Hall

pete wrote:

The problem of taking the inlet seacock further away is that the
seacocks must be turned off after use of the toilet, so they have to
be within the heads, which is small. I don't want any tubing between
the skin fitting and the seacock...

Don't forget that unless the toilet will be above the waterline (highly
unlikely on a sailboat), you'll need vented loops in both the intake and
discharge lines...and space in the discharge line to add a y-valve when
you add the tank.

What size is the boat, Pete? And which toilet (make/model) do you plan
to install?

Pete

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:12:18 GMT, "Roger Derby"
wrote:

I'm not sure of the "proper" spacing (more is better), but the nasty stuff
often floats, so vertical spacing doesn't necessarily help.

18" sounds like very little. Why can't the inlet be taken from a much
greater distance? Will the inlet be submerged on both tacks?

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

"pete" wrote in message
. ..

Hi all, got a little question: I'm fitting a toilet into my boat and I
am finding places to fit the inlet and outlet seacocks difficult.
The best position is with the outlet below the inlet and about 18
inches apart, but should the outlet be above the inlet to help prevent
sucking back in what you have pumped out? The fitting diagram shows
that but there is no mention of it.

Is there a normal spacing apart of these seacocks?

--
Peggie