Peggie Hall

bob wrote:

are you the ones who used to smoke pot back in the 60's? my how times
have changed.

That's the problem... That we did it then has become an excuse for "we
can't tell you not to do it." It doesn't matter what we did then....we
did a whole bunch of things we were lucky to survive and/or stay out of
jail for doing. But somehow, we seem to have conveniently forgotten that
although we did all those things, society didn't condone 'em then. So
it's become "hypocrasy" to refuse to condone 'em now.

The REAL hypocracy is in pretending to have grown up into responsible
adults, yet refusing to define right and wrong, then accepting behavior
from kids we KNOW to be wrong, and THEN protecting 'em from the
consequences of their actions.

--
Peggie