Paul Winchester

Default what is fiberform

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 17:00:12 +0000, EH Townsend wrote:

can anyone tell me what fiberform made their boats out of? is fiberform

mixture of wood and fiberglass? I am talking to someone that has a 77

28' cabin
cruiser (fiberform) that told me he isnt sure of the material its made

of. I did
a deja.com search ab out fiberform but it seems the actual construction

material
isnt discussed. thanks in advance for any help

Well, around here, "Fibreform" is a brand-name for a line of pretty

indestructible
fibreglass boats. Made just like any other fg boat (Hourston,

Double-eagle,
Campion...) but heavier and stronger. The company hasn't been around for

years,
but the used market is full of them - some 25-30 yrs old and still going

strong.

http://www.buysell.com/showad.asp?id=25846230

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

I am currently restoring a 1978 28' and it is constructed mainly of
fiberglass with typical areas reinfored with plywood, even the plywood is
coated with resin. The hull on my boat is approximately 3/4" solid
fiberglass, no core material.

I think the boats were originally made in the NW, I have been told that 79
was the last year before the company was bought by Bayliner.