Try a google search on opening combo locks. For the person with criminal
intent, it apparently is quite easy to break the combo --- especially
when there is lots of time for a person to spend working the lock.
The "What's Yours is Mine" group has probably already written the combo on
your dock box.

I agree with the previous post, the situation will likely get worse.
If it were my situation, I'd look for a low key, low visibility way of
improving security on my boat.

Btw, a few months ago, I discovered that the pivot that the lock attaches
to on the hasp on my companionway could be merely unscrewed even while
locked, a condition I immediately corrected.

wrote in news:1125182804.419374.51570

@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

... that kids have been aboard smoking pot...
... the combo lock ....