MRusson

On 26 Aug 2005 18:17:51 -0700, "Sam" wrote:

If you plan on using pressure treated plywood or lumber, there is some
concern that neither polyester or epoxy resins will stick for very long
to the new preservatives they now use. Also the new formulations are
very corrosive to metal so all fastenings and fasteners would have to
be compatible. If epoxy won't stick to the stuff, I would also wonder
about any glues and adhesives. Sam

Sam,
Thanks for the reply. I was going to use a non pressure treated
plywood, most likely a marine grade ply on the deck and an exterior
grade on the actual pontoons prior to fiberglass. I am a bit gun shy
of the pressure treated wood since i believe they still use arsenic as
a chemical in that stuff. Any other suggestions for the actual
pontoons?

MRusson