Paul L

beryl george wrote:
Can any one give guidance or know of a possible
internet download that might help in the initial
manual settings of tune, pulse width, gain,
sea and rain clutter.

The controls seem so inter-reactory, by their
adjustment to my eye identical echo images are
displayed. Even with tune I cannot really
determine any great changes.

There must be some logical progression to make
these adjustments rather than my constant tweaking,
all guidance greatly received.

Beryl.

A simple way to remember it is to adjust the major controls in
alphabetical order. Brightness, Gain, then Tune. Leave sea and rain
clutter completely off until you are in a situation when you need them
and the other variables have been set.

Paul