The cabling is just to get the antenna up the mast for the height
advantage. But rather than a cable run, I wanted to broadcast/receive
wifi from a repeater at the masthead.. I found a repeater that would do
the job but it is rediculously pricey. In the meantime I found
another possible solution, and that is to have a USB wifi dongle at the
top of the mast. The mast is 15 meters high and an active cable (very
cheap) will connect the dongle to the PC. Now I just need to find an
antenna the will be happy at the top of the mast, be omni-directional,
and work with the USB wifi dongle....
Jim