Peter Bennett

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:34:35 GMT, beryl george
wrote:

Can any one give guidance or know of a possible
internet download that might help in the initial
manual settings of tune, pulse width, gain,
sea and rain clutter.

The controls seem so inter-reactory, by their
adjustment to my eye identical echo images are
displayed. Even with tune I cannot really
determine any great changes.

There must be some logical progression to make
these adjustments rather than my constant tweaking,
all guidance greatly received.

Beryl.

My JRC 1500 radar has an "auto-tune" setting - I leave that on, so I
don't have to worry about tuning.

I think the Sea and Rain settings are at zero, or very low - you don't
need to turn up the rain control, unless you are in heavy rain that is
masking targets.

Turn the Sea control up just enough that sea returns aren't masking
real targets.

I set the gain just below the point where noise specks appear on the
display - the gain may have to be adjusted a bit as you change ranges.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca