AndyK.

"beryl george" wrote in message
Can any one give guidance or know of a possible
internet download that might help in the initial
manual settings of tune, pulse width, gain,
sea and rain clutter.

The controls seem so inter-reactory, by their
adjustment to my eye identical echo images are
displayed. Even with tune I cannot really
determine any great changes.

There must be some logical progression to make
these adjustments rather than my constant tweaking,
all guidance greatly received.

Beryl.

Beryl, you might try going to the Furuno web site and downloading one of
their radar manuals. www.furuno.com

Most of their manuals explain the use of the controls you are asking about
and come with tips for their use.