JamesgangNC

A pressure washer is a good idea. I'd try to spray it down well with some
degreaser first too. When I did what you're doing I also put a bunch of
cheap fans on everything for a couple weeks to make sure I had drawn out all
the moisture before I started the new glass work. Are you replacing the
stringers with wood again? I was able to make stringers from that new
composite deck material. I also left the foam out and added drain holes.
You have my sympathies, replacing wood in a fiberglass boat was about the
most underestimated home project I ever undertook.

"JR North" wrote in message
A pressure washer will remove the mildew/mold which looks black and dingy.
JR

Steve Lortie wrote:
I am just about done putting in a new transom and moving on to the
stringers. The hull/old glass roven that I will be bonding the new roven
is extremely dirty looking, mostly black from years of being wet I think.
What is the best way to get it as clean as possible for bonding the new
stuff to. Is sanding the only thing to do? Has anyone used TSP for boat
cleaning, paint preping etc?

Thanks