Thanks to Norm and Dave for your helpful replies to my posting. I will
certainly contact the Owens Yacht Marque Club. Interestingly (and
credit here to Norm) the guy I bought the boat from also said that it
had originated on the Great Lakes, but he was unable to give me a
definitive history. The craft carries a UK Small Ships Register number
on her stern, but the British Maritime and Coastguard Agency have no
record of it or the boat. This may be to do with the fact that she has
been lying on a river rural England for a few years and the
registration has lapsed.

Considering that she has been moored uncovered and under some trees for
I don't know how long, she doesn't need an horrendous amount of work,
though we are currently getting the seats professionally
re-upholstered. We are hoping to take her for a 'sea trial' on a
navigable river in Essex before the end of October. She came with a
20hp Chrysler outboard, which although I haven't had a chance to fire
up yet appears to be in pretty good order. With that engine she won't
be the fastest boat on the water, but it will give me an idea of her
handling and potential. We hope to get her into the sea around
south-west England or the Welsh coast next summer. I will keep you
informed of progress.

In the meantime if anyone can tell me what form the decking should take
I would be really grateful. A previous owner has replaced the original
decking with some unfinished marine ply. Doesn't look right to me!

Thanks again.
Graham