Me

In article ,
"Skip Gundlach" wrote:

"Me" wrote in message
You are not likely to find such a box that has universal connectivity,
due to the fact that the "WPA Standard" is not very well defined, and
each OEM tends to extend the Spec with it's own proprietary code.
Also note, that most WPA type Extenders require MAC Address information
of the remote Access Point, which may, or may not, be part of the SSID
Beacon String of the remote Access Point. Seems Thanks, me, for the

followup. One confusion:

How come/can my computer see and talk to shore points without knowing all
the Mac stuff, but a bridge can't?

I acknowledge being just smart enough to be dangerous but implicitly, if
some other device can do it, another should be able to, no?

L8R

Skip

Because your computer isn't using the WPA Protocol, but is using Client
Protocols, and what your Masthead repeater is trying to do, is use a
form of WPA that isn't universally accepted by all OEM's hardware. If
you had a wire up the mast then you could put hardware up their that
acted like a Client, but you refuse to consider that, so your busted
with no solution.

Me talking to just another appliance operator......