Fiona Stirling

Default nova scotia , new brunswick , newfoundland

I am a sea kayaker from the uk. normally living in western canada. i am
visiting the halifax, dartmouth, bedford area now but i am trying to
get some paddling in. where do i go? when i get to newfoundland next
week i have a friend that will help me put more miles under my boat in
a week that i would in a a year; but here there seems to be very little
happening on the sea kayak scene. easten passage looks wonderfull but i
have yet to see a kayak there. i have a rented yellow squal tied to a
rented car and i don't want to make for the islands outside of the
harbour with no knowlege of currents and local issues.
i am having troubles finding charts of the area as well. this is as
much my fault as anyones becuase my work conflicts with the chandlers
open hours.
any help would ne nice.
fiona

oh.. i just realized this si a ww group. sorry. i am posting anyway.