Brian D

10-oz would be even better, and if you want to help prevent sag in the
plywood, put 4-oz on the bottom side.

Brian D

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
Starboard is HDPE (polyethylene). While it looks good and doesn't rot it
is not structural and would not be good for a deck. It is slick when wet
and does not take glue or paint at all. (Well it will glue with 3M DP8005
but that is $14/oz plus a $40 applicator) It will sag over time without a
structural substrate. 3/4" marine grade plywood with a soak coat of
epoxy, a cover of 6oz glass and a coat of non-skid will last just as long,
be a lot stiffer and have a much better footing.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"joe" wrote in message
news
I've been given a 17" aluminum boat which needs the main deck replaced as
it has the usual soft spots on it that need to be repaired.

Somebody mentioned using King Starboard panels but they're very
expensive.
What sort of alternative products would you recommend? Or would I be
better off replacing the deck with marine grade plywood and fiberglass?

Thanks