Tom

One thing that never ceases to amaze me, while (as the overtaken
vessel) I maintain course and speed and some idiot blows by close
enough to pass the Grey Poupon, is that after overwhelming your vessel
with a steep wake and passing so close that there is insufficient time
to safely adjust course and minimize the impact......almost every one
of these nincompoops smiles and *waves*! Like, "Hello, how are you? My
thoughtless seamanship just stood you on your starboard beam, but
lovely weather we're having, isn't it?"

To reduce my blood pressure, I often think of what it's costing Captain
Clewless
to burn 60 gph gasoline these days. :-)

Sounds like a good use for those expired flares. :-)