Big Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...

I maintain the opinion that a lot of these guys are so busy fiddling
with their computers and electronics they pay no attention at all to
where they're going.

If their chartplotter interfaced with the autopilot is set to follow a
rhumb line from point A to point B, gawd help anybody unlucky enough to
be 15-yards to one side of the course or the other. Many of these
butt-heavy, under powered, prop tunneled monsters don't leave wakes,
they create small tsunamis.

I have heard the "looking at the electronics" theory before. It is true.
Heaven forbid these fools have to steer a little off course to avoid running
over some poor ******* in a kayak. It will only get worse as GPS systems
continue dropping in price.

In my latest situation mentioned at the start of this thread, I was anchored
in a body of water far off to the side of the main channel that is rarely
piloted due to the amount of visible rocks. However, the minute I set up, it
immediately became the popular route. All were recreational boaters with
vessels in the 30' and under class. Most without navigation equipment but
fully armed with ignorance. Unbelievable...