Glenn Ashmore

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message
"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
news:1pMOe.30$dm.3@lakeread03...
I should add:
As the injectors heat up beyond their design temperature they deliver
less
fuel which leans out the mixture. Lean engines run hotter which heats up
the injectors more which heats up the fuel more.

Aren't you mixing up diesel and gas engines now? As far as I know, you
regulate the power of a diesel with the amount of injected fuel, as
opposed
to the intake valve of a gas engine. So you cannot have a lean diesel
engine, right?

I don't think so. An injector is very precisely machined. As it heats up
the plunger expands. Because it is longer than wide its displacement
decreases so less fuel gets injected. Unless the engine has a sophisticated
EDC that compensated for temperature you will get a leaner mixture. It
can't lean out as much as tightening down a gas carburetor but it does
reduce fuel flow while the same amount of air is being introduced into the
cylinder.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com