Chuck Bollinger

Default Is Vesuvius open in the winter?

Vesuvius is one of our favorite places. Many years ago it was a pub with decent
food. Now it is a restaurant with good food. We've not been there in the
winter, and most of our meals have been enjoyed out on the deck, but I'll bet
it's pretty cozy inside.

There is a small dock at the bottom of the hill. Although guidebooks complain
about ferry wash (There is a ferry from Chemainus) we haven't been bothered by
that. The ferry starts up early in the morning and it can wake one up until the
sound is identified and sleep returns.

There are supposedly anchorages around Vesuvius, but we've looked into them and
haven't found one that we'd want to stay in overnight, or leave the boat
unattended. But we almost always find a spot in the early afternoons in
September.

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

Hi,

Looking for a "different" destination once my new engine is running. I
hear the bar at Vesuvius (on Saltspring Island) is worth a visit - is it
open year-round, or does it close for the winter? Is there a dock there?
Can I anchor?

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36 - new engine in, waiting for fuel and water...