Randy

So far I have not needed much for either engine (boat or Scout) other than
filters and a thermostat which are readily available from any auto parts
store. The parts that I have asked JEBSCO about have seemed to be in line
with other diesel engine parts.
As far as reliability, the boat did not have an hour meter so I'm not sure
about the hours on that engine but the Scout has over 300,000 miles and is
still going strong.
"padeen" wrote in message
Thanks Randy. Are you finding the parts more expensive than other engine
parts?

"Randy" wrote in message
I have the six cyl. version in an Islander 40 that I have only had for

four
mounths. So far the only source for engine parts I have found is
http://www.jescoweb.com/ in Ceres, CA. The motor was distributed by
Chrysler
and for a short time in the early '70s, a few Dodge trucks where built
with
the six cyl. Also IH used the six in the Scout for several years but I
have
not been able to get parts through either one (I have an '80 Scout with
the
same engine).

"padeen" wrote in message
Looking at buying a boat and haven't heard of this plant. Anyone have
any
suggestions about ease of parts, service, etc? It's 65 hp on a 38

Perry;
probably never been opened up.
Thanks