LarryR

Kees, Thanks very much for your feedback. For the last couple of
weeks I have been looking for both positive and negative information,
but typically have found mostly promotional product literature.
Nobeltec's new IR2, 2KW with 20" radardome, would probably work best
for me.

I have upgraded my computer to 2.4Ghz so that is not a concern. My big
concern is the heading sensor. I have a steel hulled sailboat and I am
told a flux-gate compass does not function well inside a metal boat.
My Simrad autopilot system produces a 10Hz NMEA signal, but pulls it
from a traditional compass. I am not sure if this will give an
adequate update of my heading to have a stable radar image.

Your website is very impressive.

Larry