Skip Gundlach

"Me" wrote in message
You are not likely to find such a box that has universal connectivity,
due to the fact that the "WPA Standard" is not very well defined, and
each OEM tends to extend the Spec with it's own proprietary code.
Also note, that most WPA type Extenders require MAC Address information
of the remote Access Point, which may, or may not, be part of the SSID
Beacon String of the remote Access Point. Seems Thanks, me, for the

followup. One confusion:

How come/can my computer see and talk to shore points without knowing all
the Mac stuff, but a bridge can't?

I acknowledge being just smart enough to be dangerous but implicitly, if
some other device can do it, another should be able to, no?

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

to "Me" that your
asking for hardware that is 'Not Invented Yet". You could hire a
Development Outfit to write you some really cool code to do what you
want, but it would be expensive, and beyond the capabilities of most
coders, and they would have to have a hardware platform to work with.

Me