Lee Huddleston

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 02:47:30 GMT, "padeen"
wrote:

Looking at buying a boat and haven't heard of this plant. Anyone have any
suggestions about ease of parts, service, etc? It's 65 hp on a 38 Perry;
probably never been opened up.
Thanks

I have this very engine on a Bruce Roberts designed Mauritius 43.
(32,000 lb steel-hulled, cutter ketch, center cockpit, raised poop)
The engine was, I understand, originally built for use in tow-motors,
i.e., fork lifts. My engine has run very well for several years. I
am very pleased with it. I have the full repair manual for the engine
and even a parts list (as best I recall). BTW the horsepower is
actually 62. I had been told that Nissan said the horsepower was 37
while Chrysler said it was 75, due to measurement at different RPMs.
But further research showed accurate HP at 62.

I have been able to get parts through Diesel Power Inc. in Paducah,
Kentucky. Their address is PO Box 1286, Paducah, KY 42002-1286.
Their phone numbers are (270) 443-0840; fax (270) 443-3779. I have no
connection to them other than as a customer. What they did not have
on hand they were able and willing to order. I found them because
they were relatively close to my home in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

I will try to answer any other questions you have about the engine, if
I can. My e-mail address is

Lee Huddleston
s/v Truelove
on the hard at Bock Marine