Peggie Hall

Dave wrote:

Over the weekend I noticed that the access port cover for my holding tank
seems to have a small leak between the tank and the screw-on (or in) cover.
Seems to be a chronic problem, since I had the tank pulled a year ago
(another story) and some new fittings installed, and at that time I saw that
the PO had tried to seal the port cover by putting some silicon-like
material around the sides of the cover. What's the most effective way to
make a good non-leaking seal for that fitting?

Rubber gasket...or, if the cap is round, rubber o-ring, which you can
find if you google Beckson (they make inspection port retrofit kits).
Call 'em and give 'em the size. O-rings should be replaced about every
5 years or so.
--
Peggie