No Spam

Middle Yough might be Ok but it is not completly flat water either. I
just did it in a Rubber Ducky a few weeks ago and at the lower water
levels it was showing plenty of riffles including one 2 ft drop. While
very easy in a ducky it might not be in a sea kayak. If you really want
a canoe trip by kayak you can put in lower on the Yough near
Connelsville and run a nice easy 11 miles to Perryopolis. I have made
this run many times in both canoe and kayak with many beginners and
kids. I use this guy for rentals and sometimes just for the shuttle. He
also runs to another put-in that gives you an 8 mile trip. He has
camping on-site also. Rents canoes and rec kayaks.
http://www.hazelbakerscanoes.com/index.html

Don't miss the rope swing river right when the river widens and deepens.

This puts you an easy 30-40 min from Ohiopyle for a visit by car.

Amtrak runs to nearby Greensburg - I don't think they stop in
Connelsville but you can ask.

Ken

Johnny Thunder wrote:
Shawn Hirn wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking to schedule a day-long,
NON-whitewater (family & friends with kids along) kayaking trip
in the central/SW Pennsylvania or nearby West Virginia/MD area.

Basically a "canoe trip", using kayaks. Downstream.

I have an Amtrak-related question about whether we can take
the train back to DC at the end of our trip (see below).

Why not chip in to rent an SUV? That would probably be cheaper per
person than AMTRAK and offer you considerably more flexibility.

As for a recommendation on where to go kayaking, I suggest you post your
question on one of the outdoors groups and in pa.general.

Middle Yough?

http://www.laurelhighlands.com/river...ddleyough.html

JAM