chuck

Hey Mike,

I don't recognize the quote or the product. Zincs intended for prop
shaft mounting tend to be pretty much alike in my experience. These
zincs can be almost completely sacrificed and yet be firmly attached to
the shaft. Of course, you would want to replace the zinc well before
that stage was reached.

Are you having a problem with the zinc working itself loose after it is
partially sacrificed? Or just pursuing greater reliability?

Chuck

beaufortnc wrote:
Hi,

I believe it was in Nigel Calder that I read -

better propshaft zincs have an inner band that is bonded to the prop
shaft, eliminating loose connections to the shaft after the zinc has
been partially eaten.

Does anyone know of a good source for these higher quality prop-zincs?

Thanks,

Mike.