Doug Dotson

"Peter Bennett" wrote in message
news.com...
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 21:26:31 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote:

"Peter Bennett" wrote in message
ernews.com...
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 17:33:38 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

...and of course Canadians require an operators license, although the
station licenses are gone.

U.S. requires an operator license as well.

But the Canadian Operator Certificate requires a bit of study, and an
examination.

Your point?

I understood that Americans could get an operator's certificate
without any training or examination - they just submit a form to the
FCC. If this is not the case, I'll withdraw my comment.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

That's true, but radio procedures are taught in basic boating courses.
So I guess your point was that US operators are somehow inferior
to Canadian operators.